Friday, January 22, 2010

Ashley Tisdale Rhinoplasty For Medical Reasons

ashley-tisdale-nose-job-pics_290x300.jpgIts a Hollywood trend of getting a rhinoplasty (nose job) and then trying to pass it off as a medical treatment to alleviate breathing problems. Ashley Tisdale of High School Musical may just be another star jumping on this bandwagon, joining the likes of Cameron Diaz and Jennifer Aniston who have also insisted they had nose jobs only for the sake of repairing deviated septums. The only problem is that these celebrity noses appear to be improved cosmetically and that their procedures are not technically only medical“ they are outright plastic surgery.

The 22-year old Tisdale had a five-hour surgery on Friday in Los Angeles to repair a nose septum that was 80% percent deviated and to correct two small nose fractures. Tisdale claims that prior to the surgery her breathing problems worsened to the point that she could no longer breathe from her right nostril.Growing up I always knew I had a deviated septum on the right side of my nose, which caused trouble breathing,Tisdale told People on Monday from her Los Angeles home.The older I got, the worse it got. I went to get it checked out, and the doctor told me the septum was 80 percent deviated and that I had two small fractures on my nose.�Tisdale vehemently denies having gotten the surgery for cosmetic reasons and says that she is not a supporter of plastic surgery.I didn't do this because I believe in plastic surgery. I did this to help my health. I literally almost could not breathe out of the right side of my nose,said Tisdale.

ashley_tisdale_nose_job_before_and_after.jpg

I want my fans to know the truth. Im'not someone who is going to act like I had nothing done. I just want to be honest because my fans are everything to me.It is quite commendable that Tisdale was so open about her surgery, as she probably knows that rumors would soon abound about her surgery if she kept mum about it. Only time will tell if the nose job that Tisdale got was done for medical reasons, or if it imparted a few cosmetic benefits. Looking at Tisdale's old nose it seems that her bridge twists to the right slightly at the top, but is otherwise quite a nice nose that does not require cosmetic enhancement. While Tisdale's case may indeed prove to be a medical necessity, it is likely that her corrective surgery will have some cosmetic benefits and that the star had taken the opportunity to also improve upon her nose while repairing her deviated septum.

cameron-diaz-nosejob.bmpIn other cases, Cameron Diaz is a fine example of a star who claims to have gotten a septoplasty only for medical reasons. While Cameron Diaz had a nose job for medical reasons, the surgery definitively improved the look of her nose, as the new nose has a narrower tip and straighter bridge compared to the old crooked nose which had a slight twist to the right of the top area of her bridge and a wider tip .

Speaking about Diaz with Make Me Heal, Dr. Paul Nassif, a plastic surgeon based in Beverly Hills, said:“Cameron had a definite rhinoplasty. In her before photo, her nose looked bulbous and wide especially her nostrils area (ala), the after photo reveals a softer, narrower tip, ala (nostrils) and nasal dorsum. Cameron's nose now looks pretty natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment